Information we collect
Pdfcv.com collects and stores two types of information.
Voluntarily provided data
Voluntarily provided data is data provided by you via the user interface e.g. filling in the forms to register and create a CV.
Automatically collected information
More data about the users is collected behind the scenes. Here's how:
- Cookies are used to log in the users and keep them logged in when they re-visit the site, until the session expires. We may also store user-preferred language settings to show the content in their selected language.
- IP addresses and the types of device or browser you are using are collected and logged for security audit purposes. This data is not shared with any third parties and is not used for commercial purposes.
- IP address and user's browser-provided locale might be used to determine user location and language preferences in order to tailor the services better e.g. suggest the user interface language or currency to be used for paid services.
- Browser referrer-tag might be stored to determine where the users come from to pdfcv.com e.g. from Google Search, from a particular blog post. This can help us better understand how our users discover pdfcv.com.
- Google Analytics is used to collect and analyse how users use the website. Google AdSense is used to display ads tailored to the user on pdfcv.com. The following information is provided to Google: Anonymous ID generated by cookies, pixel tags or similar technologies embedded in webpages, ads delivered to users. Advertising ID and Device ID, Encrypted Customer ID.
- PayPal is used for collecting payments for the paid services. Paypal is provided with an encrypted invoice ID that is associated with pdfcv.com user ID.
- When using "Contact us" form all the form contents are logged and submitted via email to email inbox accessible by website administrators and support.
Voluntarily provided data is stored until it is changed by the user or the user chooses to delete their account. Once the account is deleted, all voluntarily provided user data is purged with no way to recover it.
Data that is automatically collected and stored by pdfcv.com can be stored up to 1 year.
Information disclosure to third parties
None of your personal information we store is or will be disclosed to any third parties without your explicit agreement unless disclosure is required by law. Some basic aggregated statistics may be published about pdfcv users, but none of the personal details will be disclosed in such publications. Examples of such disclosures can be: number of users, number of users using facebook login, pecentage of users from a particular country etc.
Your personal data is never sold or otherwise used for commercial purposes outside of pdfcv.com.
Social Network Signup and Data Import
Social network sign up functionality is implemented using
standard. That means none of your social network credentials are provided to pdfcv.com. In case of a very unlikely event of data fraud from pdfcv.com, your social network accounts will NOT be compromised. Please consult
OAuth wikipedia page
for more information about this standard.
Pdfcv.com follows best data security practices to ensure security. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, appropriate physical, electronic and other security procedures are applied.
If you have any queries regarding your data security, please contact by
submitting the contact form.